Business Standard

Mumbai: Five women hospitalised after fire breaks out in high-rise flat

Five women, including three senior citizens, were hospitalised after a fire broke on the fourth floor flat of a residential high-rise in Kanjurmarg in Mumbai on Sunday morning, an official said

Representative Image

Representative Image

Press Trust of India Mumbai
Five women, including three senior citizens, were hospitalised after a fire broke on the fourth floor flat of a residential high-rise in Kanjurmarg in Mumbai on Sunday morning, an official said.
The fire broke out in the flat in the gound-plus-14 storey building in Mhada Colony in Karve Nagar at 9:26am and was doused some 45 minutes later, he said.
"The fire was confined to the wiring, electric installation in the common meter cabin on the ground floor as well as the electric duct. Fire brigade and police personnel arrived at the spot and rescued five persons who were trapped," he said.
"They have been hospitalised after suffering injuries and suffocation from smoke inhalation. Their condition is stable," he added.

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Mar 26 2023 | 2:25 PM IST

Explore News