ALSO READIBPS Clerk 2017: Prelim Exam Dates, Registration And Application Online applications for teacher eligibility test (Himachal Pradesh) begins UPSC To Announce SO/Steno Exam Dates and Application Process UPSC 2017-18: Combined Defence Service Exam Registration Now Live JNU Release Entrance Exam Dates For 2017-18
Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET) is an entry-level entrance examination conducted by Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI). ACET is an entry level examination conducted to regularize and streamline admission in to Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI). An actuary is a financial professional who generates business, financial and other reports regarding risk management and more. Initially actuarial professionals were sought out by the insurance industry but over the years the demand for Actuarial professionals has grown many a fold. The Actuarial profession is fast becoming popular, with thousands of students sitting for ACET every year. Candidates who want to make a career as an actuary have to first clear the Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET). After the candidate clears the ACET examination, he will register and appear for actuarial exams. The candidate needs to clear 15 examinations which are divided into four parts Core Technical (CT), Core Application (CA), Specialist Technical (ST) and Specialist Application (SA) to become an actuary in India.
Next ACET examination will be conducted on 09th December 2017. In 2017 ACET has also been conducted in April and June. ACET was started in January 2012 and the ACET which will be conducted in December 2017 would be ACET 14th Edition.
ACET December 2017 - Important Dates
|Online registration Start Date||20th July 2017|
|Last Date for Online Registration||09th November 2017|
|ACET Examination Date||09th December 2017|
|ACET December 2017 Results||22nd December 2017|
|Last Date for Membership Registration (For March 2018 Exam)||10th July 2018|
- Candidate should have completed 10+2 with English as one of the subjects
- Candidates with higher qualification (Graduates, Engineers, Masters) and with work experience in statics and mathematics are also eligible to apply
- There is no upper age limit or attempt limit for ACET
ACET 2017 in December 2017 will be conducted online (computer-based). The examination will be of 100 marks and will consist of 70 multiple choice questions. The examination will be divided into Section I and II. Section I will cover topics such as Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation and will have 55% weightage and section II covering English and Logical Reasoning as topics will have 45% weightage. Negative marking will also be applicable. Marks distribution of the 70 questions is given below:
45 Questions of 1 mark
20 Questions of 2 marks and
05 Questions of 3 marks
Syllabus of ACET examination consists of following subjects: Mathematics, Statistics, General English, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning and more.
Step by Step Application Procedure - ACET 2017
- Candidates need to visit the official website of Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) - www.actuariesindia.org
- Candidates then need to click on the appropriate notification, register and fill the online application form by providing all the required personal and educational details
- Next candidates will have to pay the application fee of Rs. 3000/- online
- Candidates will receive confirmation of their successful registration and payment in their email IDs
- Candidates are advised to download and print the application form for future references