Bajaj Finserv’s Sanjiv Bajaj, the new President of Confederation of Indian Industries, batted for allowing corporates into the banking sector. Talking on a range of issues with Nikunj Ohri and Arup Roychoudhury, Bajaj said that cutting petrol and diesel duties will spur consumption and demand, and how the interest rate regime goes from here will determine India's FY23 GDP growth. He said that inflation will continue to hurt margins of companies. However, that will not disrupt private sector capex revival which is getting stronger. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.