The fear around the Covid-19 pandemic is receding and there is a semblance of normalcy. In a conversation, B Sumant, executive director, ITC, tells Ishita Ayan Dutt about the more long-lasting consumer trends, the recovery in distribution channels and the emergence of a dual trend in demand. Edited excerpts:
ITC launched a record number of 120 products last year largely centred around consumer requirements during the Covid-19 pandemic. With fears of the pandemic receding, are you likely to rejig your product portfolio?
To speedily respond to some of the emerging trends during the pandemic, we had launched 120 products last year. Many of the first-to-market products were around sanitization such as Savlon disinfectant sprays and convenience in ease of cooking including a range of ITC Master Chef frozen snacks, pastes and gravies. The demand for hygiene products surged and was at its peak during Covid. With the paranoia receding,
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.