Leading German specialty glass maker SCHOTT Glass India has announced an additional investment of 70 million euros to expand its Gujarat tubing plant that already makes FIOLAX glass used in Covid-19 vaccine packaging in India.
According to the company, almost 95 per cent of Covid-19 vaccines in India are packed in glass tubing made by SCHOTT at its plant in Jambusar, Gujarat. In the wake of German Ambassador to India Walter J Lindner's visit to the plant, SCHOTT Glass India's Managing Director Pawan Shukla reiterated the announcement of an additional investment of 70 million euros in the plant, following several million in investments over the last few years.
"It (the German Ambassador's visit) gave us an opportunity to showcase a successful example of know-how and transfer of technology (TOT) from Germany to India. We have recently announced an investment of 70 million euro in the site to set up additional glass melting tanks and
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.