The year has belonged to insurance stocks so far, particularly life insurers. Among the lot, Max Financial Services, the holding company of Max Life Insurance (MLI), is the clear winner with gains of 72 per cent in six months. Thus far, its deal with Axis Bank, first announced in February, has kept the interest alive. In fact, with revised terms of the merger, analysts at CLSA, Emkay Global, Sharekhan, and Investec Securities say the deal is more or less done. CLSA says regulatory uncertainties are less likely.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, October 02 2020. 18:53 IST