Once the most sought-after bank stock, RBL Bank, went out of fashion in July 2019, when its financials first indicated asset quality stress. Over the last 18 months, its stock price has fallen by over 70 per cent. With gains of 52 per cent in the last three months, the bad spell appears to have ended, thanks to the re-rating wave that has engulfed the banking stock. That said, it remains a laggard on a longer horizon and with valuations at 1x FY22 estimated book, down over 58 per cent from all-time highs, the bank in its new avatar is interestingly positioned.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, January 08 2021. 17:27 IST