Provider of on-demand cloud computing and API platforms, Amazon Web Services (AWS) announced earlier in September that it had invested $3.71 billion in local infrastructure and jobs across India since the launch of its Asia Pacific (Mumbai) Region in 2016. AWS has built the backend of the government's ambitious projects, like Digital India, CoWIN, and Common Service Centres. Rahul Sharma, Regional Head, AWS India and South Asia, in an interview with Sourabh Lele, explains the company's expansion plans to further its partnership with the central and state governments of India. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, September 28 2022. 20:45 IST