With its $4.7 billion acquisition of BillDesk, Prosus NV, the international investment arm of South African conglomerate Naspers, is showing its quiet aggression in the country.
As Prosus’ investments touch over $10 billion, its Amsterdam-based CEO Bob van Dijk talks about how its investment approach differs from that of typical venture capital funds in a video interview with Surajeet Das Gupta:
Venture capital funds that have put money into startups in India generally look for exits in five years. How does Prosus differ?
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.