In yet another attack on Dalits in Gujarat, a 21-year-old Dalit youth was allegedly killed in Bhavnagar district by upper caste men for owning and riding a horse.
Identified as Pradip Rathod, the youth was killed on Friday evening at Timbi village of Umrala taluka in Bhavnagar district.
"Three suspects have been detained for questioning in the case," A M Saiyad, Deputy Superintendent of Police of the Bhavnagar SC/ST Cell told PTI.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.