- NHRC takes cognizance post-poll violence in Bengal, orders spot inquiry
- Jaishankar discusses Indo-Pacific strategy at India-France-Australia meet
- PM Modi sought early extradition of economic offenders with Johnson: MEA
- Top headlines: RBL Bank Q4 net drops 34%; IPL 2021 indefinitely suspended
- Modi, Johnson hold virtual summit; UK PM announces 1 bn pound trade deal
- Kangana Ranaut permanently removed from Twitter over West Bengal post
- 'Govt doesn't get it', only full lockdown can stop Covid: Rahul Gandhi
- Take suo moto action to stop political recriminations in WB: BJP Leader
- Ex-Union minister, J-K governor Jagmohan dies; PM pays tribute
- US ban on travellers from India comes into effect from today
Coronavirus LIVE: Iran reports 11 new deaths, Ireland confirms first case
The new coronavirus has killed nearly 3,000 people and infected more than 86,000 in dozens of countries
South Korean Army soldiers wearing protective gears gather to spray disinfectant to prevent the spread of a new coronavirus at the Dongdaegu train station in Daegu, South Korea
Industry body Assocham said on Sunday that with the Chinese economy getting impacted due to the coronavirus outbreak, India can push its exports in the global markets to fill up the space vacated by the neighbouring country.
The boduy said that while Indian exporters of electronics, pharmaceuticals, speciality chemicals and automobile segments depend on China for raw material and are facing supply constraints, there are several areas where there are increased opportunities for domestic traders.Meanwhile, the total number of coronavirus-related deaths in China rose to 2,870 on Sunday with the country's health authorities reporting 35 more deaths. The number, however, is lower than the 47 fatalities reported by authorities on Saturday.
All but one of the 35 deaths were in Hubei province, whose capital Wuhan is the epicentre of the outbreak.
China's National Health Commission also reported 573 new infections, bringing the total number of cases in mainland China to 79,824.
The new coronavirus, which has killed nearly 3,000 people and infected more than 86,000 in dozens of countries, is believed to have first emerged late last year in a Wuhan market that sold wild animals.
In another development, India's Commerce Department is considering imposing duties on over a 100 products that the country imports from China in light of the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak. The issue is set to be discussed early next week as the department meets with industry bodies to discuss the widening supply gap for key imports.