In a bid to spread awareness about the severity of the coronavirus pandemic, with reports of citizens flouting the lockdown surfacing from around the country, police officers in various states have launched unique campaigns aimed at spreading awareness of social distancing and urging people to stay at home to contain the virus.
The police personnel, who are serving 24/7 on the streets, are taking all measures to prevent fake news on coronavirus on social media platforms and advising people to avoid handshakes, apart from using sanitisers and keeping their surroundings clean.
The coronavirus themed helmet has become popular among police officials for spreading awareness and sending the message that lockdown means staying at home, and leaving home only during an emergency..
Cartoons and caricatures have become a means to inform people on social media about the toll-free numbers and avenues to reach police and medical staff in case of an emergency.Some police personnel are also showing-off their singing skills to tell people about do's and don'ts of quarantining and measures against Covid-19. Police are patrolling streets and making frequent announcements on loudspeakers, asking people to stay at home.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sat, April 11 2020. 13:14 IST