- Accenture forecasts fourth-quarter revenue below estimates on forex hit
- Indian economy to grow by 7%-7.8% in FY23 despite global headwinds: Experts
- Rupee settles at all-time low of 78.32 against dollar on heavy FPI outflow
- Moderate to brisk turnout in bypolls for 3 Lok Sabha, 7 assembly seats
- Citi sees chances of global recession nearing 50% due to Ukraine war, Covid
- Wall Street's hiring frenzy eases as worries grow over economy, market fall
- WHO considers declaring monkeypox a global health emergency
- IIFL Finance gets board's approval to raise Rs 5,000 cr by issuing bonds
- Raut says Sena ready to walk out of MVA, asks rebels to return to Mumbai
Coronavirus LIVE: WHO warns vaccines no magic bullet to contain virus
Coronavirus live updates: At 1,842,587, Maharashtra has the highest number of coronavirus cases, followed by Karnataka 890,360, Andhra Pradesh 870,675, Tamil Nadu 787,554, and Kerala 625,767
Coronavirus live updates: On Friday, India reported 36,652 fresh Covid-19 cases. Its case tally now stands at 9,608,211. The country's death toll has mounted to 139,714. With 1,842,587 cases, Maharashtra has the highest number of coronavirus cases, followed by Karnataka 890,360, Andhra Pradesh 870,675, Tamil Nadu 787,554, and Kerala 625,767. Delhi reported 4,067 new Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total count of cases in the national capital to 586,125.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said India's vaccination programme against Covid-19 would begin as soon as scientists have their go-ahead, and asserted that healthcare workers involved in treating coronavirus patients, frontline workers and old people suffering from serious conditions would be inoculated on priority.
World coronavirus update: The global tally of coronavirus cases stands at 66,195,510. While 45,782,784 have recovered, 1,523,360 have died so far. The US, the worst-hit country, has 14,759,965 cases, and 285,473 have died from the disease there. It is followed by India, which has 9,608,211 cases, Brazil (6,534,951), Russia (2,402,949), France (2,268,552).
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.