- RRR on your home screen: Movie hits help pay-per-view get an audience
- Wall Street opens lower as growth fears mount; Dow falls over 200 pts
- RBI asks for option of interoperable card-less cash withdrawal at ATMs
- Centre decides to lift price capping on raw jute with effect from Friday
- Strong bookings and new launches to keep DLF on higher growth trajectory
- Fear on the Street: Index gauging investors' risk perception jumps 10%
- Investors lose over Rs 6.71 trn as markets crash over inflation worries
Coronavirus LIVE: Tamil Nadu sees 26,513 new cases in a day; 831 in Mumbai
Coronavirus live updates: India reported 127,510 fresh Covid-19 infections today, taking the caseload tally to 28,175,044. Death toll stands at 331,895. Stay tuned for corona-related news
Coronavirus live updates: India reported 127,510 fresh Covid-19 infections today, taking the caseload to 28,175,044. This is the lowest spike in daily infections since April 8. With 2,795 new fatalities, the lowest since April 26, the death toll is now at 331,895, according to MoHFW. As daily infections see a downward trend, several states announced a few relaxations while many have extended the lockdown measures. India continues to be the second worst-hit nation. Test positivity rate has fallen to 6.6 per cent.
With 27,936 cases reported in the past 24 hours, Tamil Nadu is leading the state list. It is followed by Karnataka with 16,604 new infections. Maharashtra reported 15,077 cases. Kerala 12,300, and Andhra Pradesh 12,400 cases. The case count was 10,137 for West Bengal.
City-wise, Bengaluru recorded 3,992 new cases, followed by Chennai (2,596 cases), Kolkata (1,324 cases), Mumbai (676 cases) and Delhi (648 cases).
The six most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (5,746,892), Karnataka (2,606,431, Kerala (2,526,579), Tamil Nadu (2,096,516), Uttar Pradesh (1,691,557), and Andhra Pradesh (1,685,142).
World coronavirus update: The world is seeing decline in the number of fresh coronavirus cases that are recorded daily. 171,450,721 has been infected across the globe by the deadly contagion since November 2019. While 153,897,476 have recovered, 3,564,576 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 34,113,055, followed by India, Brazil, France and Turkey. However, in the past seven days, India has added the highest number of fresh cases at 1,295,276, followed by the Brazil (431,547) and Argentina (214,125).