- SUVs to tractors: M&M doesn't takes foot off pedal, is on recovery road
- Eknath Shinde is fourth Maharashtra Chief Minister hailing from Satara
- Hospitality industry outlook looks quite strong: Chandrasekaran at IHCL AGM
- Justice Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on US Supreme Court
- Bull run on Dalal Street continues for Reliance, Adani Group companies
- Reliance Jio in talks with Ericsson and Nokia for 5G telecom gear
- Airtel opts to defer payment of Rs 3,000-cr AGR dues up to FY19 by 4 years
- Centre's fiscal deficit hits 12.3% of full-year target in April-May period
Coronavirus LIVE: Govt extends ban on international flights till Feb-end
Coronavirus live updates: Globally, more than 101.4 million people have been infected by the virus and the death toll stands at 2,182,155
Coronavirus live updates: India recorded 11,752 fresh cases of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19). The total number of active cases in the country has fallen to 175,328, while the caseload tally stands at 10,702,031. Globally, more than 101.4 million people have been infected by the virus. The country continues to be second-most-affected globally, and ranks 13th among worst-hit nations by active cases.
The five most affected states by total cases are Maharashtra (2,015,524), Karnataka (937,383), Kerala (905,591) , Andhra Pradesh (887,349), and Tamil Nadu (836,315).
As many as 2.3 million beneficiaries have been vaccinated for Covid-19 in india. This is 0.1698 per cent of its population. A total of 16 hospitalisations and nine deaths have been reported so far. However, the health ministry has not linked any of the casualties with Covid vaccination.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) yesterday allowed cinema halls and theatres to operate with more people while swimming pools have been permitted for use by all in fresh Covid-19 reopening guidelines.
According to these new guidelines, to be effective for February 1, there shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of people and goods including those for cross land-border trade under treaties with neighbouring countries.
World coronavirus update: Coronavirus cases rise unabated across the globe, with more than 101.4 million infected by the deadly contagion. While 73,298,500 have recovered, 2,182,155 have died so far. The US remains the worst-hit country with 26,163,157, followed by India, Brazil, Russia and the United Kingdom. However, it terms of the total number of active cases, US tops the charts, followed by France, UK, Brazil and Belgium.
Stay tuned for the latest coronavirus-related news.