- Fighting Covid-19: After the long walk, jobless migrants head home by bus
- PM Narendra Modi announces PM-CARES fund to fight coronavirus outbreak
- Fighting coronavirus: Food riots are a real possibility, says Pronab Sen
- Fighting coronavirus: On the streets, the mood changes to empathy
- States to use Rs 29,000 cr SDR fund for food, shelter to migrants: MHA
- Covid-19: Bank employees seek transportation, police protection for working
- Kerala reports first coronavirus death of 69-year old man from Ernakulum
- Covid-19: UP gives ration to 7 mn people; sets up 522 community kitchens
- In Rajasthan, lockdown violators to serve in coronavirus quarantine wards
- States, UTs step up vigil on international passengers to check virus spread
Delhi violence LIVE: 369 FIRs lodged, 1,284 people detained over riots
There were some areas of normalcy in the riot-hit localities of northeast Delhi with shops opening
Delhi Police Commissioner SN Srivastava with other police officials at Shiv Vihar. PTI
The death toll in Delhi's communal violence climbed to 42 on Monday, a Delhi health department official said. There were some areas of normalcy in the riot-hit localities of northeast Delhi with shops opening.
Nearly 7,000 paramilitary forces have been deployed in the affected areas of the northeast district since Monday. Hundreds of Delhi police personnel are on the ground to maintain peace.
More than 200 people have been injured in the communal clashes that broke out on Monday. The areas affected include Jaffrabad, Maujpur, Chand Bagh, Khureji Khas and Bhajanpura. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday appealed to the people to provide details of the needy for a quick response from government agencies as he directed the authorities to speed up the relief and rehabilitation work in riot-hit northeast Delhi.
Stay tuned to this live blog for the latest updates.