- Fire on board aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya; all personnel safe: Navy
- Harsh Vardhan says India, US have strong collaboration in public health
- Pakistan PM faces criticism for his remarks over foreign service officers
- Ken-Betwa interlinking project likely to have disastrous consequences
- Coronavirus second wave: How oxygen for medical use is extracted
- Release funds to pay arrears to farmers under PM-KISAN scheme: Mamata to PM
- Delhi's IGI world's first airport to register 1,000 TaxiBot movements
- Delhi records over 19,000 Covid cases in a day; positivity rate below 25%
- MHA asks West Bengal governor for report on law and order in state
Delhi violence LIVE: 369 FIRs lodged, 1,284 people detained over riots
There were some areas of normalcy in the riot-hit localities of northeast Delhi with shops opening
The death toll in Delhi's communal violence climbed to 42 on Monday, a Delhi health department official said. There were some areas of normalcy in the riot-hit localities of northeast Delhi with shops opening.
Nearly 7,000 paramilitary forces have been deployed in the affected areas of the northeast district since Monday. Hundreds of Delhi police personnel are on the ground to maintain peace.
More than 200 people have been injured in the communal clashes that broke out on Monday. The areas affected include Jaffrabad, Maujpur, Chand Bagh, Khureji Khas and Bhajanpura. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday appealed to the people to provide details of the needy for a quick response from government agencies as he directed the authorities to speed up the relief and rehabilitation work in riot-hit northeast Delhi.
Stay tuned to this live blog for the latest updates.