- Red Fort violence: Deep Sidhu arrested again in connection with FIR by ASI
- SpiceJet to charge no fees for changes done at least 5 days prior to flight
- Red Fort violence: Court grants bail to actor-activist Deep Sidhu
- Punjab CM Amarinder Singh expresses shock at mass shooting incident in US
- US FedEx shooting: Jaishankar assures all assistance to Sikh community
- Four Sikhs among eight killed in mass shooting at FedEx facility in US
- Petrol, diesel price unchanged for 2nd consecutive day as OMCs observe mood
- US, Japan pledge to strengthen Quad to build free, open Indo-Pacific region
- IAF to reorient for future challenges, prep roadmap for asset utilisation
- Shortcomings of multilateral system laid bare by pandemic, says Shringla
Assembly polls LIVE: Congress will not implement CAA in Assam, says Rahul
Rahul Gandhi interacted with college students in Lahoal in Dibrugarh and attended the tea estate workers rally in Dinjoy. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi Friday assured that the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) will not be implemented in Assam if the party is voted to power in the state in the coming Assembly poll. It will be ensured in the state assembly that the CAA is not implemented in Assam, Gandhi told students of Lahowal College in Dibrugarh district.
"In the other states, we will stop it (CAA implementation) after we (Congress) come to power at the national level," he said.
In another news, Lok Sabha on Friday passed a bill to amend the Mines and Mineral (Development and Regulation) Act, with Union minister Pralhad Joshi saying the changes will help create employment opportunities and allow private sector with enhanced technology in mining activities.
US Defence Secretary Lloyd J Austin arrived in India today on a three-day visit, aimed at further boosting bilateral defence and security ties in the wake of China's growing military assertiveness in the region including the Indo-Pacific.
India's foreign exchange reserves rose by $1.739 billion during the week ended March 12. According to the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) weekly statistical supplement, the reserves increased to $582.037 billion from $580.299 billion reported for the week ended March 5.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.