- Management guru Bala Balachandran, 84, passes away after brief illness
- India's intellectuals lay down strategy for the decade ahead
- Murmurs of Amarinder Singh jumping ship further rock Congress boat
- Punjab minister Razia Sultana quits in 'solidarity' with Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Flight crew, air traffic controllers to be tested for drugs from January
- Delhi riots: HC says premeditated conspiracy, not on spur of the moment
- 1 Pak terrorist killed, another captured in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh urges private sector defence industry to invest in R&D
- Extremely delighted to meet hockey star Sreejesh: Kerala CM Vijayan
- Need to build a new India on the basis of women-led development: Irani
LIVE: Floods continue to ravage Assam; 87 dead, 2,323 villages under water
CBI questions OSD to Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot in alleged suicide case of Rajasthan Police officer Vishnudutt Vishnoi amid Rajasthan political crisis. Stay tuned for the latest news of the day
The Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday requested the Legislative Assembly speaker to defer action on disqualification notices to dissident Congress MLAs till July 24, the speaker's counsel said. The court also reserved its judgment on the writ petition filed by Sachin Pilot and 18 dissident legislators for July 24.
The high court had on Friday given a four-day reprieve to Sachin Pilot and other Congress dissidents from any action by Rajasthan Speaker on the disqualification notices served on them by extending the hearing into their petition.
Pilot was sacked as deputy chief minister and the president of the state unit of the party after he rebelled against Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day