- National Education Policy: Tamil Nadu rejects 'painful' 3-language formula
- Rahul Gandhi takes dig at PM Narendra Modi over daily Covid-19 cases
- IPL 2020: CAIT opposes BCCI move to retain Chinese firm Vivo as sponsor
- UPI transactions hit all-time high of 1.49 billion in July: NPCI data
- Proposed MoD policy aims to double India's defence production in 5 years
- Search for work from home jobs up 442% in India during Feb-July: Report
- Heavy rain forecast for several West Bengal districts till Wednesday
- Govt eyeing turnover of Rs 1.75 trn in defence manufacturing by 2025
- One more dies due to spurious liquor in Punjab; death toll now at 105
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani discuss evolving security situation
LIVE: Floods continue to ravage Assam; 87 dead, 2,323 villages under water
CBI questions OSD to Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot in alleged suicide case of Rajasthan Police officer Vishnudutt Vishnoi amid Rajasthan political crisis. Stay tuned for the latest news of the day
Children take shelter on a boat after their house is partially submerged under floodwaters in Guwahati
The Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday requested the Legislative Assembly speaker to defer action on disqualification notices to dissident Congress MLAs till July 24, the speaker's counsel said. The court also reserved its judgment on the writ petition filed by Sachin Pilot and 18 dissident legislators for July 24.
The high court had on Friday given a four-day reprieve to Sachin Pilot and other Congress dissidents from any action by Rajasthan Speaker on the disqualification notices served on them by extending the hearing into their petition.
Pilot was sacked as deputy chief minister and the president of the state unit of the party after he rebelled against Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day