- Akash missile sale cleared, govt to approach China-wary nations
- Mufti demands J-K admin come clean on Parimpora encounter, NC demands probe
- VHP to reach out to 130 mn families for fundraising of Ram temple
- Power demand touches all-time high of 182.89 GW, says secy S N Sahai
- Isro chairman K Sivan gets one-year extension till January 2022
- PM Modi reviews projects worth over Rs 1 trillion in 'Pragati' meeting
- Delhi transport department extends validity of documents till March 31
- Delhi prepares for New Year eve with traffic measures, Covid-19 protocol
- Amid Covid-19, Republic Day parade may get shorter with fewer spectators
- Govt proposes panel to vet MSP, repeal of farm laws; fresh talks on Jan 4
Latest News LIVE: SC adjourns hearing on loan moratorium case to Dec 2
Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news live updates.
The Supreme Court on Friday directed the government to ensure that all steps be taken to implement its decision to forego interest on eight specified categories of loans paid upto Rs two crore in view of the coronavirus pandemic. A bench headed by Justice Ashok Bhushan said the Covid-19 pandemic has not only caused serious threat to the health of the people but has also cast its shadow on the economic growth of the country as well as other countries in the entire world.
The National Statistical Office (NSO) data today showed that the Q2FY21 GDP on a year-on-year basis contracted by (-) 7.5 per cent from (-) 23.9 per cent in the preceding quarter.
A MiG-29K trainer aircraft, operating at sea, met with an accident on Thursday. An inquiry has been ordered to investigate the incident, says Indian Navy.
National Security Advisor Ajit Doval arrived in Sri Lanka for a trilateral maritime dialogue among India, Sri Lanka and the Maldives beginning today.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.