- NITI floats idea of full-stack digital banks, seeks comments by Dec 31
- US weekly jobless claims drop to 52-year low; Q3 growth revised slightly up
- Dream 11 parent Dream Sports raises $840 mn at valuation of $8 bn
- Shares of IOB, Central Bank of India surge on reports of privatisation
- Mamata meets PM, raises issue of BSF's territorial jurisdiction in WB
- Europe rethinks booster shot policy as Covid-19 cases hit record high
- FPI secondary market outflows in FY22 highest since FY09 at Rs 46,000 cr
- Regardless of Paytm fiasco, investors will view Star Health positively: MDs
LIVE: Sputnik Light Covid vaccine to be launched in India by Dec, says RDIF
Russia plans to sell the nasal form of its Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine to other countries next year, the head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund said on Wednesday
Live news: India will release 5 million barrels of oil from its strategic reserves in coordination with other buyers including the United States, China, Japan and South Korea, a government statement said on Tuesday.
The move is part of efforts led by US President Joe Biden's for a coordinated release of stockpiles, seen as a warning to the OPEC+ to pump more oil to tackle rising inflation in major economies like the United States, China and others, said Reuters.
The government has listed 26 new Bills for introduction in Parliament’s Winter Session starting November 29. The session will consider a bill to ban private cryptocurrencies, the repeal of three farm laws, and reforms of India’s bankruptcy code. The cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, 2021 "seeks to prohibit all private cryptocurrencies in India, however, it allows for certain exeptions to promote the underlying technology and its uses".
Talks between Zee Entertainment Enterprises and Sony Pictures India for merging the two companies are in final stages, said Punit Goenka, chief of the TV network. Goenka has been fighting Atlanta-based Invesco Developing Markets Fund, the biggest shareholder in Zee, over terms of the merger and the investment firm’s attempts to remove him.