While both governments gear up to flesh out the proposed trade deal between India and the UK, market access and ease of doing business remain priorities for British businesses in India, says UK India Business Council (UKIBC)’s new group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) JAYANT KRISHNA. The first Indian to take charge as CEO of the influential council, Krishna tells Subhayan Chakraborty that while British companies may not abandon China in favour of shifting supply chains to India, many UK firms are exploring India as a large incremental base for manufacturing and research and development (R&D). Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, August 20 2020. 21:04 IST