The government is working on a proposal of allowing works contract on the public procurement portal — Government e-Marketplace (GeM). And, a Cabinet approval for this is likely soon.
This initiative, when rolled out, will reduce time, standardise processes and enable seamless execution of contracts, said GeM chief executive officer (CEO) Prashant Kumar.
Works contract includes service as well as transfer of goods, such as construction of buildings and roads, as well as setting up of plants, among others.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.