The government has constituted a high powered panel under the chairmanship of former agriculture secretary Amarjeet Sinha, to study various aspects of the marquee flagship scheme, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS), including its role in poverty alleviation over the years, governance structure and systems in place and perhaps most importantly, the spending pattern.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, December 06 2022. 06:30 IST