The electricity supply woes of Mumbai are set to get over with a new transmission line to connect the national grid with the metropolis, getting commissioned by the year end. The transmission line from Kharghar to Vikhroli costing Rs 1,900 crore will be commissioned by the year-end, while the Aarey to Kudus line transmission project, with an investment of Rs 7,000 crore, getting ready by FY26. With this, the metropolis will get additional lines to connect to the national grid thereby getting access to high quality, cheaper electricity, said state government officials.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.