Rejecting both options proposed by the Centre to make up for the goods and services tax (GST) compensation shortfall, Opposition-ruled states, including West Bengal, Punjab, Chhattisgarh, and Kerala, will meet on Monday over a videoconference to thrash out the future course of action. Operationalising the Centre-states dispute resolution mechanism may be discussed as part of the future strategy.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.