- CBSE Class 12 results out: Check marks at cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.gov.in
- Going abroad for studies? Student policies from Indian insurers are cheaper
- DATA STORY: Active cases rise for third-day straight; 555 deaths reported
- Apple AirTag review: Now, a smart, tech-backed answer to your forgetfulness
- 'There is limit to patience': Venkaiah Naidu fumes at Oppn in Rajya Sabha
- 629,000 homes substantially delayed or stalled in top 7 cities: Report
- Pegasus issue: SC to hear plea of journalists N Ram, Sashi Kumar next week
- Garware Hi-Tech hits record high as Ashish Kacholia ups stake by nearly 1%
Elections 2019 LIVE: Won't say a word against CPI(M), says Rahul in Wayanad
Rahul Gandhi filed nomination for Lok Sabha Elections from Wayanad today. Amit Shah will address rallies in Telangana and Andhra. Catch LIVE updates on Elections 2019
Lok Sabha Elections 2019: Congress president Rahul Gandhi, who is contesting from Wayanad Lok Sabha seat in Kerala in addition to his traditional stronghold of Amethi in Uttar Pradesh, filed his nomination today. His sister Priyanka Gandhi accompanied him to Wayanad. Gandhi has claimed that the people in South India "feel hostility" from Prime Minister Narendra Modi and said he decided to contest from Wayanad to send out the message that he stands with them.
Meanwhile, BJP leader Smriti Irani will begin two-day visit to Amethi, the Lok Sabha constituency of Rahul Gandhi. In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Gandhi had defeated Irani by a margin of over 1.07 lakh votes, retaining the Amethi seat. She will be contesting from there again.
Congress party spokespersons will release the manifesto at the state headquarters and list out the key points in the document. The aim is to reach out to the grassroots level and ensure that the message of the party reaches the people on the street and the hinterland.