Indian Overseas Bank's net loss has come down to Rs 342.08 crore during the quarter ended June 30, 2019, from a loss of Rs 919.44 crore during the same quarter last year.
The bank's total income declined six per cent to Rs 5,006.48 crore during the quarter, from as Rs 5,326.71 crore during the corresponding quarter of previous year.
Its gross non-performing assets (NPA) as a percentage of gross advances declined to 22.53 per cent (Rs 33,262 crore) from 25.64 per cent (Rs 38,146.05 crore) a year ago. Net NPA also has declined to 11.04 per cent (Rs 14,173.84 crore) from 15.10 per cent (Rs 19,641.81 crore) during corresponding quarter last year.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.