The human heart is not all about muscles and blood supply as most discussions around heart would like you to believe. The muscular action and flow of blood which keeps the heart in a working condition is an intricate network of electrical conduction system. The electrical system causes the heart to contract by pumping the blood throughout the body and to lungs, and the coordination of rhythmic contractions of heart muscles through electrical signals causes your heart to beat.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!