Anand James, Chief Market Strategist, Geojit Financial Services Banks continue to remain expectant, while Pharma has found defensive buying, helped by positive FDA observations, helping markets to put GST shocks behind. Stock specific moves have now become more dominant with earnings beginning to flow in.
After an over 300-point fall in Sensex yesterday and Nifty closing below the crucial 9,850 levels, the benchmark indices settled higher on Wednesday, while the broader indices hit fresh closing highs. Among individual stocks, a strong rally in Aurobindo Pharma, up on hopes of higher US sales, and Hindustan Unilever hitting a record high after its June quarter results, hogged the limelight. Meanwhile, a weak US dollar combined with upbeat Chinese data to lift emerging market and Asian shares to levels not seen in more than two years and global stocks to an ...
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.