Markets across the globle have been grappling with fears that rising interest rate could have an adverse impact on the economic growth. Back home, minutes of the June policy review, released on Wednesday, showed that the monetary policy committee (MPC) of the RBI could announce more interest rate hikes in the coming months.
However, brokerages believe the increase in the repo rate and the subsequent rise in mortgage rates are unlikely to have a major impact on residential sales in India. READ HERE
Also read: Life may get tougher for mid, small size HFCs amid rising rates: Analysts
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.