Shares of public sector undertaking (PSU) banks were under pressure on Tuesday, with the Nifty PSU Bank index hitting an over 15-year low on the National Stock Exchange (NSE). At 02:21 pm, the Nifty PSU Bank index was the top loser among sectoral indices, down 1.7 per cent at 1,097 points, as compared to a 1 per cent rise in the Nifty 50 index. The PSU Bank index hit an intra-day low of 1,088, its lowest level since November 22, 2004 on closing basis.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, May 19 2020. 15:16 IST