All except six PMS schemes gave positive returns in August. One hundred and thirty one, or 74 per cent of the 177 strategies under consideration, beat returns of 2.8 per cent given by the Nifty50. Large- and mid-cap strategies, however, underperformed the index, with average returns of 2.25 per cent. The mid-cap category returned 8.1 per cent, higher than the Nifty MidCap 100’s 7.8 per cent. The small-cap and small- & mid-cap category performed in line with the Nifty SmallCap 100, while multi-cap funds returned 4.8 per cent on average, higher than the 3.7 per cent given by Nifty 500.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
Insightful news, sharp views, newsletters, e-paper, and more! Unlock incisive commentary only on Business Standard.
Download the Business Standard App for latest Business News and Market News .
First Published: Sat, September 12 2020. 00:21 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU