You are here: Home » News-ANI » National
Business Standard

Red Fort adopted under Centre's heritage preservation scheme, clarifies Mahesh Sharma

ANI  |  New Delhi [India] 

(MoS) for Culture on Saturday rubbished allegations that the historical was 'auctioned off' by the Centre, and said that the monument was adopted by Bharat Group to render to it as part of the Centre's scheme.

"The announced a scheme of Government of on World Tourism Day 2017, on 27th September, that those interested in value addition to any services of the monuments can come forward. A lot of organisations came forward and some services of have been given to Group," told ANI, adding that no profit activity would take place

said that other monuments have also been adopted by various organisations under the said scheme.

"This was done on 27 September 2017, so I don't know why people are raising their fingers now. If they have any queries, they can ask," he added.

The scheme "Adopt a Heritage: Apni Dharohar, Apni Pehchaan" was launched to preserve the rich cultural and natural heritage and to promote tourism across the country. Under the project, corporates and citizens were encouraged to adopt heritage sites for creation, operation and maintenance of basic and advanced amenities at tourist destinations.

Bharat was one of the agencies to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the to adopt a monument as part of the project.

Earlier in the day, the took up the matter to accuse the (BJP)-led govenrmnent leasing out a heritage place to a private entity.

"After handing over the to the Dalmia group, which is the next distinguished location that the BJP government will lease out to a private entity? #IndiaSpeaks," the party's handle posted.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sat, April 28 2018. 19:15 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU