Business Standard

Re-audit, fix blame by evening: CM on FOB crash

IANS  |  Mumbai 

Chief Minister on Friday asked for an imidiate probe to "fix primary responsibility by the evening" on all those behind the foot-overbridge (FOB) collapse that claimed six lives.

He also sought a "revisit of the safety audits", which had declared the (CSTM) bridge "safe" but it collapsed here on Thursday at 7.40 p.m. injuring 32 others, some critically.

Visiting the injured at various hospitals in south Mumbai, a grim said "it was an extremely serious matter" that the bridge which had already undergone a had crashed suddenly.

"This also raises questions on the audits conducted on the city bridges... The structural and safety audits carried out on all the bridges need to be revisited.

"I have also ordered the to affix the 'primary responsibility' on the officials and police will lodge separate first information reports against them," assured.

The Police have registered cases against (BMC) and officials charging them with negligence and culpable homicide in the bridge which crashed barely six months after the cleared it suggesting minor repairs.

Late last night Fadnavis announced Rs 5 lakh ex gratia each to the kin of deceased and Rs 50,000 to the injured, besides a high-level probe into the incident.

Connecting the CSMT's suburban platform No. 1 with the B.T. Lane near The Building and the Anjuman-e-Islam School, it was used by thousands of daily suburban commuters rushing to catch the local trains on Central Railway and the

Although the debris below the bridge has been cleared, traffic restrictions continued on the busy D.N. Road, a said.

--IANS

qn/in

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, March 15 2019. 10:54 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU