The United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation, or FBI, has raided the residence of the former president, Donald Trump, at Mar-a-Lago in Florida. This is unprecedented in American politics, where ex-presidents have never before been the subject of law enforcement actions due to their actions in office. (One who could have been, Richard M Nixon, was famously pardoned by his successor Gerald R Ford. The decision to do so probably cost Ford re-election in 1976.)
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, August 12 2022. 23:17 IST