Nasa’s Swati Mohan created a stir around a little black bindi when she decided to sport it while announcing, “Touchdown confirmed! Perseverance safely on the surface of Mars, ready to begin seeking signs of past life.” With that little bindi touch, she injected new life into an ancient Indian adornment. Social media, at least in India, went abuzz over the little black bindi. Comments included “Big Love for Swati Mohan, rocking that bindi in the control room”; “Thanks to Dr Swati Mohan, Nasa! Who knew a bindi could make me so happy”.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, April 13 2021. 22:17 IST