Disclaimer: These are personal views of the writer. They do not necessarily reflect the opinion of www.business-standard.com or the Business Standard newspaper
The Gati Shakti National Master Plan unveiled by the prime minister marks a rather historic shift in how India wishes to henceforth conduct the business of developing infrastructure.
The prime minister, in his Independence Day address from the ramparts of the Red Fort, had indicated that this initiative would be integrative and transformational. It would seek to enhance multi-modal linkages, increase competitiveness and provide a linked platform for rolling out various infrastructure projects as part of a grand master plan.
So, what exactly is Gati Shakti? Well, it is a platform based on geographic information system or GIS that will connect all economic zones and clusters in the country. Superimposed on the platform will be layers of infrastructure linkages that are required to make an economy function effectively. These include road and rail links, optical fibre cables, oil and gas pipelines, power transmission lines, water supply pipes and
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.