On February 24, in an interview to a national business news channel, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das once again urged the market to “trust” the central bank, which is for the “orderly evolution” of bond yield curve. He also explained why the yield curve is “public good”. “Yield management” doesn’t bring down the cost of government borrowing alone; it pares the cost of corporate borrowing as well since the pricing of corporate debt instruments is linked to government bonds.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, February 28 2021. 22:16 IST