Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, which has faced increased competitive intensity in its US base business, has got some respite with the approval for the generic version of cholesterol drug Zetia. The launch of the drug, sales of which is pegged at $2.7 billion, after the end of Glenmark’s six-month exclusivity, looks promising. But, analysts say there are at least four more players with tentative approvals, awaiting a final nod, and they’d be watching this to assess the quantum of gains for Sun Pharma.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, June 14 2017. 00:37 IST