Last month, Montek Singh Ahluwalia’s much-awaited book, Backstage, was published. In his first sentences Montek writes, “This book is not a memoir” but rather a “travelogue of India’s journey of economic reforms”. With approximately the same degree of accuracy, let me say that this is not a book review, but just a few thoughts on an important and highly readable book.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.