Many moons ago, when I was finding my feet in bank reporting, Sujit Banerji, then corporate business head at Citibank NA in India, unfolded before me the bank’s vision to go beyond the elite group of clients and reach out to the masses — taking Citi to suburbs, in his words. (Banerji was relocated to Brussels to oversee strategic and operational planning and corporate alliances for central and eastern Europe, West Asia and Africa in 2001.)
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.