Balanced funds emerged as the favourite investment category of investors in 2017 (See table: AUM rose sharply...). Not just younger people entering into equity markets for the first time, even seasoned investors who wanted a fund that would handle the asset allocation for them, have bet on these funds. Even many elderly investors were mis-sold these funds last year with the promise of regular dividend income. All these investors need to prepare for more turbulent times in this category in 2018.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, February 12 2018. 21:54 IST