Almost all leading retailers — both online and physical stores — have tied up with a credit card issuer to offer lucrative deals. Many consumers have got credit cards only to leverage upon such discounts. Credit cards also provide the perfect marriage of convenience (make big purchases without carrying huge wads of cash) and instant gratification (buy now, pay later). However, you could get caught in a debt trap if you are not careful.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, October 18 2019. 00:19 IST