A recent survey by Marsh India Insurance Brokers found the percentage of companies offering life insurance coverage as part of employee benefits had increased from 60 per cent in 2010 to 74 per cent in 2016-17. But, the average sum assured has remained constant at two times the annual gross salary of the employee. So, if your annual salary is Rs 10 lakh, you can expect coverage for Rs 20 lakh. Given the inadequacies of group life covers, every employee needs to supplement it with an individual life cover at an early stage in their careers.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, March 02 2017. 00:06 IST