- Thackeray to be 8th Maharashtra CM to take oath while not being MLA/MLC
- NCP leaders signal Ajit Pawar may become the deputy CM: Report
- Uddhav set to take charge of Maharashtra with a deputy from NCP
- Maharashtra politics LIVE: Uddhav Thackeray to take oath as CM at 6:40 pm
- Finally out of Bal Thackeray's shadow, Uddhav has a tough task at hand
- Congress hints at more 'pragmatic' alliances in future to defeat BJP
- Aaditya Thackeray meets and invites Sonia, Manmohan to Uddhav swearing-in
- Rahul Gandhi back after month-long break, to campaign for Jharkhand polls
- RS debate: Opposition attacks Centre on economic slowdown, PSU divestment
- Pragya Thakur calls Godse 'deshbhakt' in LS debate; Opposition objects
Maharashtra govt formation LIVE: Uddhav Thackeray to take oath on Nov 28
After Fadnavis and Ajit Pawar resigned from their posts on Tuesday, Uddhav Thackeray is set to be the CM now. Catch LIVE updates on Maharashtra govt formation
Devendra Fadnavis interacts with media personnel. File Photo: PTI
Uddhav, who had emerged as a consensus candidate on Friday night and was set to be the chief minister before the BJP turned the tables on its former ally, will be the first from the Thackeray family to assume a government post. His father late Bal Thackeray wielded the 'remote control' over the first Sena-BJP combine government during 1995-99 but never assumed a position in the government.
Uddhav Thackeray recently recalled the "promise" he had made to his late father to install a 'Shiv Sainik' (party worker) as chief minister of Maharashtra.