- Presidential polls: 56 candidates filed nominations so far, say officials
- Relief for Shiv Sena rebels: Supreme Court pushes disqualification deadline
- Victory of Bal Thackeray's Hindutva, says Eknath Shinde on SC relief
- Mamata Banerjee slams Centre over ED notice to Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut
- AIADMK council meet will decide OPS' future in party: Palaniswami camp
- Will reach out to old BJP colleagues for support: Prez nominee Sinha
- Centre must extend retirement age of Agniveers' to 65 years: Mamata
- PM making his friends 'daulatveer', youth made 'Agniveers': Rahul Gandhi
- TRS to support Opposition candidate Yashwant Sinha in presidential polls
- Uddhav's attempt to get reins back in the pale shadow of Balasaheb's legacy
Maharashtra govt formation LIVE: Uddhav Thackeray to take oath on Nov 28
After Fadnavis and Ajit Pawar resigned from their posts on Tuesday, Uddhav Thackeray is set to be the CM now. Catch LIVE updates on Maharashtra govt formation
Devendra Fadnavis resigned as Maharashtra chief minister on Tuesday ahead of the floor test shortly after rebel NCP leader Ajit Pawar did a u-turn and quit as the BJP leader's deputy, in another dramatic twist to the month-long political drama that will see Shiv Sena supremo Uddhav Thackeray head the new government.
Uddhav, who had emerged as a consensus candidate on Friday night and was set to be the chief minister before the BJP turned the tables on its former ally, will be the first from the Thackeray family to assume a government post. His father late Bal Thackeray wielded the 'remote control' over the first Sena-BJP combine government during 1995-99 but never assumed a position in the government.
Uddhav Thackeray recently recalled the "promise" he had made to his late father to install a 'Shiv Sainik' (party worker) as chief minister of Maharashtra.