- West Bengal election 2021 LIVE: 75.06% voter turnout recorded till 5.30 pm
- Covid-19 second wave: BJP CMs favour lockdown disguised as curfew
- PM Modi pulls up CM Kejriwal for televising meeting on Covid situation
- Coronavirus crisis: States hit out at Centre over pricing of vaccines
- West Bengal election 2021 LIVE: EC imposes strict curbs on poll campaigns
- Left wing extremism: What's the truth behind Congress' Naxal attacks claim?
- Charges of authoritarianism mount fresh trouble for B S Yediyurappa
- Blame game begins between Centre and states over surge in Covid-19 cases
- West Bengal Polls LIVE: Huge turnout of women, says EC as polling ends
- Taxing taskmaster: As CEC, Chandra will oversee toughest Assembly polls
Maharashtra govt formation LIVE: Uddhav Thackeray to take oath on Nov 28
After Fadnavis and Ajit Pawar resigned from their posts on Tuesday, Uddhav Thackeray is set to be the CM now. Catch LIVE updates on Maharashtra govt formation
Devendra Fadnavis resigned as Maharashtra chief minister on Tuesday ahead of the floor test shortly after rebel NCP leader Ajit Pawar did a u-turn and quit as the BJP leader's deputy, in another dramatic twist to the month-long political drama that will see Shiv Sena supremo Uddhav Thackeray head the new government.
Uddhav, who had emerged as a consensus candidate on Friday night and was set to be the chief minister before the BJP turned the tables on its former ally, will be the first from the Thackeray family to assume a government post. His father late Bal Thackeray wielded the 'remote control' over the first Sena-BJP combine government during 1995-99 but never assumed a position in the government.
Uddhav Thackeray recently recalled the "promise" he had made to his late father to install a 'Shiv Sainik' (party worker) as chief minister of Maharashtra.