- CWC member backs Shiv Sena's pitch for Rahul Gandhi & Pawar joining hands
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to meet party MLAs from Punjab today in Delhi
- Committed to restoring J&K statehood, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rahul should join hands with Pawar to bring Oppn parties together: Sena
- EC can hold Bengal by-polls as Covid-19 situation is under control: Mamata
- PM Modi's all-party meet on J&K: No big expectations, say experts
- BJP got Rs 276.45 cr from electoral trusts in 2019-20, Cong Rs 58 cr: ADR
- Gupkar alliance leaders agree to attend PM Modi's all-party meeting
- Now, Rashtra Manch to invite leaders from the Congress to next meet
- Rahul Gandhi takes dig at govt, says prices will come down during elections
Parliament highlights: SPG Bill, UT merger, FM's views on economy, and more
Parliament Winter Session 2019: In the Rajya Sabha, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that growth in India may have come down, but the country is not facing recession
In Parliament today, the Bill to amend Special Protection Group Act was one of the biggest developments. As the House took up the SPG (Amendment) Bill for discussion, Home Minister Amit Shah said the elite protection unit was set up only for shielding the prime minister and amendments brought in by the Modi government will restore the original intent of the Act.
Congress leader Manish Tewari said that the SPG should be kept above party biases in a multi-party democracy.
In the Rajya Sabha, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that growth in India may have come down, but the country is not facing recession.
"Economic growth may have slowed but there is no recession, there can be no recession," she asserted.