Business Standard

3 die of asphyxiation in pig farm

Image

Press Trust of India Coimbatore
Three workers died of asphyxiation on Thursday while cleaning a 10-foot waste pit in a pig farm near here, police said.
Three workers were clearing the waste and one of them went into the pit, and developed breathelessness due to poisonous gas and got trapped, the police said.
Seeing this, the two other two workers jumped in to rescue him. Later, all the three got asphyxiated and died, they said.
Soon, Fire and Rescue personnel were informed and they retrieved the bodies, the police said.
The bodies have been sent to the government hospital here for a postmortem, they said.
The farm owner was rearing the pigs for meat, they added.

Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Jun 27 2019 | 5:25 PM IST

Explore News