You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

48-yr-old bus passenger electrocuted in UP

Press Trust of India  |  Etah 

A 48-year-old man died after coming into contact with a high-tension electricity here on Sunday, police said.

The deceased identified as Faiyaz was travelling in a bus when it developed a snag near Shivsinghpur village on the Etah-Sidhpur road, they said.

As the passengers were shifted to another private bus, the victim's umbrella, which had aluminium spokes, came in contact with the live wire, they said.

He received an electric shock and was rushed to a nearby hospital. However, he could not be saved, police said.

Police have handed over the body of the deceased to his family members.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, October 07 2018. 18:50 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU