Choudhary, a resident of Sakinaka, suffered complications soon after the hair transplant, he said.
Choudhary was taken to a hospital in suburban Powai, after he developed breathlessness and swelling in his throat and on face, the official said.
He died on Saturday (March 9) due to allergic reaction in the hospital, he said.
According to police, the businessman showed symptoms of anaphylaxis, a serious life threatening allergic reaction.
Police have registered a case of accidental death and further investigation is underway.
Getting more than 3000 hairs in a single sitting was also not advisable, but, in this case the transplantation went on for more than 12 hours, he said.
Police are awaiting final postmortem report to ascertain the exact cause of death, the official added.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)