You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Cyient signs JV with BlueBird Aero to make UAVs

Press Trust of India  |  Chennai 

Cyient, a Hyderabad-based firm, today said it has entered into a joint venture with to manufacture advanced Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems.

Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, and Founder-CEO, Ronen Nadir, signed the agreement at the ongoing DefExpo, organised by the Defence ministry at Thiruvadanthai, about 40 km from here.

As per the agreement, a joint venture company named --Solutions and has been floated in which would hold 51 per cent stake while the remaining 49 per cent with Israel-based

"...the joint venture would offer field-proven UAV systems to Indian defence, paramilitary, security forces," Cyient, Engineering design, manufacturing, geospatial and networks provider, said.

Cyient would manufacture, assemble, integrate and test advanced UAV systems at its facility in by leveraging the of BlueBird Aero Systems.

"I am very excited about the joint venture with BlueBird Aero Systems that combines our design and expertise to bring the best of UAV technology solutions," Bodanapu said.

"The joint venture also underlines the commitment of both partners to the government's Make in initiative," he said.

The joint venture enables indigenisation, manufacturing, training and support of UAV systems in India, BlueBird Aero Systems Founder and CEO, said.

"Bluebird is pleased to transfer its latest, to further enhance what we see as a long term partnership with Cyient for the benefit of Indian UAV market," he said.

Under the joint venture, Cyient and BlueBird would also provide aftermarket services, including spares, repairs, maintenance and support across the country.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, April 11 2018. 19:15 IST